Monday, July 24, 2006

Tonsil Time

Lauren had to get her tonsils and adenoids out last Friday. She was sure brave when they wheeled her away. It helped that the nurses just ate her up - they thought she was the cutest thing they had ever seen.

Another bonus was the portable DVD player they had there - she was so engrossed in Barbie Mermaidia that she hardly batted an eyelash when they told her it was time to go - but not to worry she could take the movie with her in the bed.

The doctor said that her tonsils and adenoids were very large and when she was finally all healed that she would notice a huge difference with being able to breathe.

It has been a rough couple of days for her since the surgery but one thing I have learned is that she isn't much of a complainer when it comes to the pain - its the taking of the pain medicine that causes the complaints! Hopefully she will have a speedy recovery!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Poor girl! Give her a big hug for me and tell her how brave she is. I am sure the nurses got quite the kick out of her personality. I just hope it doesn't change her unique little voice!!!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Weezer! said...

Wow, she finally got it done! Glad it went well and its so awesome that she was so brave! Hopefully Tanner can muster half of that when he goes in to solve his monster snore :)

Way to go Missy!!!

9:52 PM  
Blogger nalani said...

Dang! You can take my tonsils out too if I can lay in bed and watch Barbie movies all day!!! I bet they're giving her lots of ice cream too. I hope she understands that life doesn't get much better than that!!! So did she have terrible breath the first couple days?---I've heard that's usually what happens. I hope it doesn't cure her snoring---because that's what makes her like her godmother!!!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Missy, you da woman!! What a brave girl you are. I can't wait to kiss those cute cheeks, hear your voice, and listen to you breath. (What a wierd request huh?) Hope you're feeling better!

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home