Monday, August 14, 2006

Seriously?

One wrong turn is all it took and we were stuck in the sand. A lot of the roads on the island were still covered with sand from the storm, the road we took dead ended into a sand drift. Of course it was my brilliant idea to try and take a short cut to the other road through a strip of land that used to be a house. BAD IDEA. We sunk immediately. Needless to say Ty was not happy about the situation. I wish I had taken a picture when he was trying to dig out the back tire with the kids sand shovel. It was comical but I didn't dare laugh until I was out of ear shot otherwise I am sure he would have handed me the shovel. Luckily there were some really nice men who finally came to our rescue and got us out of there!

2 Comments:

Blogger nalani said...

The only thing that shocks me about this story is that you weren't standing outside of the car totally laughing! Kind of reminds me of you thinking it would be no problem to ski over to the other side of the mountain in an area that clearly had never been skiied before when we were in Jackson Hole and we got stuck and all you could do is laugh and all I could do is swear at you.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I am SO glad I wasn't there. My condolences to Ty.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home