Wednesday, August 23, 2006

August 19, 2006



I can't believe that I am posting pictures of one of my kids baptism! Am I really that OLD? Cole's baptism went well, he had a great experience and best of all, he actually went through with it!! Those of you who I don't talk to on a regular basis probably don't know that for a while there I wasn't sure that Cole would choose to be baptized. About the time a good friend of ours got baptized, he started to say that he wasn't sure the church was true and that he wasn't sure that Joseph Smith was real, etc. He prayed about it for a long time and finally said that he knew it was true. I thought we had laid it all to rest until a few weeks before his baptism it all started to come up again. We didn't want to push him into getting baptized and wanted him to come to the decision on his own. Long story short, the church has a new little boy on the records. We really appreciated all our family that came into town, family in the area, friends that came into town and friends in the area who re-arranged busy schedules to be there for Cole. It meant a lot to us and to Cole as well.

6 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

You are such a good mom. I bet Cole will never forget that it was HIS decision to be baptized. I'm sure he will take his membership more seriously than most 8 year olds. Thanks for the lesson in parenting, I'm sure I'll be in those shoes with my kids one day!

5:33 PM  
Blogger karmen said...

Your sweet to say that! Cole has the personality that if you push him to do it and he doesn't want to then he will go the opposite direction. Can I tell you how excited I am for the teenage years?

10:29 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Congrats to Cole. And Karmen, is that a new PINK shirt. I thought we agreed on a buying freeze...Ha ha!

9:02 AM  
Blogger karmen said...

Good point. I need to re-new that vow - that and white shirts - although you can never have too many white shirts.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

But wait- I figured out why you love pink so much. I believe that in this picture at least, you look positively TAN!!!

9:58 AM  
Blogger karmen said...

I think the only reason I look tan is b/c I was sweating up a storm. It was SO hot that day - 110 and the humidity must have been 100%. My lip was most definately sweating.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home