Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Cruisin'


We weren't going to take any chances with the food being gone at the midnight chocolate buffet so we were the first in line. I think that may have been the closet I have ever come to a chocolate overdose but it sure was good.

This is us at Senior Frogs in Cozumel - it was QUITE the happening place.


Let's just say that I completely underestimated how high 800 feet was - now I have a real clear picture. Kim and I definitely got a birds eye view of Cozumel - we had a great time!

No that's not chocolate or any other brown substance on Ty's lips. That would be a random women's lipstick that Ty borrowed for one of the many funny games we played on the cruise. We won't even mention what Women's apparel items that Huy borrowed..... too bad we didn't have our cameras but we do have a video to use as blackmail in the future. :)

SHOW ME THE MONEY BINGO BOY... that was the phrase we yelled out each time we would see the guy that ran the bingo game - it was a real hoot! Judging by the picture you might guess that we didn't win the $5,000 jackpot. But, we sure had fun (and spent a lot of $$) trying.

When we would come back to our rooms at night we would find towel creatures waiting to greet us - it was always a treat to see what would be next!

We saw a cute little sea turtle while we were on the way to our snorkeling spot. I didn't take this picture but this really is the color of the water there. Anyone up for a swim??

This is 7 mile beach in the Cayman Islands. It was SO beautiful. The water was crystal clear and the most beautiful color. 7 mile beach has its name for a reason - you can see the ships (those dark blobs to the right of Ty's head). Who's bright idea was it to walk all the way back to the ships????


We went to "Stingray City" in the Cayman Islands. Let's just say its a little unnerving to have 20 or 30 Stingrays swimming around your legs. I thought I would be able to remain calm...no such luck. Good thing no one had a video camera to document my hysteria! Our guide told us to be careful and wash the squid off our hands because the stingrays would latch on to wherever they smelled the squid - that was my cue to rub the squid all over Kim's arm. I have never seen her move so fast in my life - too bad she got it washed off before the string ray latched onto her arm. That would have been some AWESOME footage!

Finally...cell phone reception!! It was SO funny to see everyone with their cell phones on the minute we hit the coast of Florida. Good thing we were only in reception for 8 hours otherwise I think I would have been on the phone (with one of the kids or my mom) the whole cruise.


You could add tree climbing to my list of talents except for the fact that I really couldn't get down from the tree and the bark was really rough. Good thing everyone didn't see this as an opportunity to leave me stranded!


This was our first "formal" night on the ship - the second formal night I wore jeans. Lessons learned. :) The best part of the evening was that we could order ALL the entrees if we wanted and ALL the desserts - I think I ordered all the desserts every night because, well, why not???


This is us (and a few of our closest friends) at the Southernmost point in the continental USA - only 90 miles from CUBA - we could see immigrants swimming in. JK!


We thought the ship looked so pretty at night. (I'm not sure if it was really all that pretty or if we were just so excited to see it after all the interesting transvestites we saw in Key West).


This is us in our little electric car in Key West. (note to self: don't ask if an "electric" car needs to be returned full - one of my more blonde moments.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Weezer! said...

Good re-cap Bingo Girl! That name was earned when you successfully counted how many numbers were left on the Bingo Board...wait, or did you?

That vacation was seriously awesome! Looking at the pictures takes me back to all the fun! In fact, the room is starting to sway so I better end this before it makes me eat again...

PS- Special thanks to Nalani, the Cruise Pro, for all her tips. They were right on!

6:42 PM  
Blogger nalani said...

I'm still so sad we didn't come with you! I'm glad you had so much fun.....I would have given anything to see Karmen's reaction to the stingrays! I can't believe there was nothing said about the men making their way to the topless deck?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Holy blogging! You were busy yesterday.

We had a great time with you guys. Thanks for inviting us along. Many moments to remember!! Thanks for noting them in your blog so we can remember a few years down the road as my journaling didn't get done past the first day! Ugh.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home