Sunday, September 23, 2007

No...you're not hullucinating.

I have finally succumb to the pressure everyone has put on me to update my blog. I did try to talk several people into just updating for me but, alas, here I am posting. I do appreciate all the people who bugged me to update (even though it didn't really work) and I appreciate Nalani's personal goal setting service (she called on more than one occasion to tell me that my goal for the week was to update my blog). I still live by Sarah's theory not to set goals that are too lofty b/c it will only result in a loss of self esteem when I fail to achieve them.

What helped more than anything was Ty locating the cord that connects from the computer to the camera - I hadn't downloaded anything since May.

I am beginning think that seasonal posts are more do-able for me. Since it is now officially Fall (and since I haven't posted since spring) - the time has come to do a little posting. If the stars align I may even post 2x's in one season.

The kids started school in the end of August. Lauren is in First Grade this year and Cole is in Third Grade. Depending on the day you ask them, they really like school. I am not sure I agree with them as the evening homework probing/prodding is already getting old. I am working hard at teaching the kids to take ownership of their school work. It was going well (or so I thought)until Thursday evening when Cole announced that his Unit of Inquiry project was due the next morning - he (loosly put) was able to get it done at ohh, around 11:30pm. Fun times!

Lily has a little playgroup (she calls it "school") that she goes to 3 days a week for 3 hours at a time. She really loves it (and so do I) and it has helped her with her separation anxiety. She will now also go to nursery on her own and actually looks forward to it! For us this was a BIG step! :)

Here are some pictures of the "First Day of School" (again, loosley put as they were actually taken about a week ago). I put in a picture of Cole on his birthday so you could see how his hair was just before school started. His teacher asked that he get it cut so that he would be in complaince with the dress code (which is what I was waiting for b/c I knew it would be better coming from his teacher than me).





9 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Karmen! I have to say that I am pretty excited you posted again! It's always fun to see new pictures (especially of your cute family).

7:54 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Holy ---! (Yes, that is only three letters for "cow" cuz I don't swear, but thought I was being funny!) You blogged after only four months.

The picture of Lily is so cute. Where did you take it?

It was great seeing you all a few times this summer. I'm going through withdrawls as to when the next time will be. Any ideas?

Keep up the blogging PLEASE!!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Rochelleht said...

Oh my gosh, your kids have gotten so big!!! I seriously can't believe how big they are! So cute!

It was a blast seeing you today. Isn't Laurie a nut?

1:45 PM  
Blogger nalani said...

I'm in such a state of shock that you updated your blog I'm not even sure what to say!!!! I'm seriously so proud of you and good think you left me a message and told me you update because quite honestly I had given up on you! I LOVE the pictures of the kids. I can't believe how short Lauren's hair is and I have to admit that I'm sad that Cole had to cut his hair. I need to come visit my godchildren soon!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Will wonders never cease?

I'd heard a rumor that you'd updated, but decided I'd better confirm it myself.

Thanks for the update! Keep it up!

10:42 PM  
Blogger aurora said...

Hey Karmen! I can't believe how big your kids are-- and cute, cute, cute! Cute blog.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

When will I have another hullucination????
January 16, 2008 and waiting...

3:30 PM  
Blogger Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

I can't believe how old Cole looks, he's such a cutie!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

It has almost been a year, to the day, since you've blogged. I'm guessing you will be updating soon since you must be on the once-a-year update plan now. I started at once a week, now I'm happy if I do it once a month, and soon I'll be joining you so don't feel bad! I'll be checking back in a few days to see the new post!!

(I'm just glad we see you guys when we see you!!)

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home